Top 5 Minecraft Plugins | Recommended Plugins
By James Flarakos | April 15, 2021
Here are our Top 5 Free Recommended Minecraft Plugins for Spigot or Paper Minecraft Servers. With these 5 plugins you will see an immediate upgrade to your Minecraft Server.
Top 5 Minecraft Plugins Video Guide
Number 5: Clearlag
Number 5 on our list is the Clearlag Plugin. This is great as it has so many features in one plugin to stop lag. From loading and unloading chunks and removing floating items. IN addition to this you can even change individual de-spawn times for different items.
Here are some of the main features included in the Clearlag plugin.
- MANY useful entity limiters all completely configurable
- TPS/RAM meter that can execute commands
- Option to reduce TNT lag or chain reactions
- Option to limit mob spawners
- Locate overcrowded/abused chunks
- Many easy to use commands, including profiles
- Full control over modules
- Very lightweight – only enables selected features
- Remove old logs upon enabling server (Configurable)
- Limit AI processing attributes to save CPU
- Full-tick sampler (Also displays spikes)
- Everything’s configurable
- Much more..
Number 4: Murder Mystery
Murder Mystery is an excellent plugin if you are looking for a full Minigame experience with out having to pay for a premium plugin. They have covered everything extensively in game from setup through to game play. For a link to their wiki page click here.
After setup (which can be done in a single world or multiple worlds) you will have one player selected in secret as the Murderer. Everyone else will not be notified and as the murderer it is your job to kill the other players with out getting spotted. This can be used in a variety of ways for different minigames due to the setup and configuration being so easy to change.
We have used it in the past for an Among Us map and it worked really well.
- Easy Setup GUI
- Pre Starting Lobbies
- Spectating Areas for Fallen Players
- Usable Extra Features with Collected Coins
- Extremely Customizable
Number 3: Villager Market
An amazing shop resource for any server. This plugin is easy to setup, configure, change and comes with a huge variety of options.
You can setup shops for players to buy items or sell items. Along with shops you can sell to players to use for their own. Your able to charge taxes or rent out shops and the list just keeps going.
In addition it does require an Economy Plugin and also Vault to operate, we recommend Essentialsx and Vault.
- Highly configurable (Menus, Items, Sounds, etc.)
- Create unlimited Villager Shops for your server
- Create shops using spawn eggs or commads
- Rent shop for x amount of time
- Set custom price and amount per item
- Choose between selling and buying items as shop owner
- Choose to have infinite storage and selling slots
- Customize villager appearance (profession and name)
- Sell/abandon shop and get refunded (configurable amount)
- Sell/buy any item – including custom items
- Admin shops (unlimited storage)
- Sell commands in Admin Shops
- Per player buy/sell limit for Admin Shops
- Collaborate with other players using built-in trust system
- Set server taxes
- Log actions
- Search for nearby Villager Shops and teleport to them
- Statistics per Shop
Number 2: Multiverse Core
With this great plugin you can connect multiple worlds seamlessly into one server. So no need to configure Bungee servers anymore! Not only can you create, delete, upload worlds in game but you have full customisability on the behaviours or each world. You can change if pvp is allowed, animals spawn, weather is on or off all through the yml or by changing it with in game commands.
EssentialsX have a great Wiki Page will of their permission list and commands.
- Create multiple worlds of different types, seeds and with Custom Generators
- Keep your skylands using a custom generator (MV 2.2+)
- Set the mode per world (creative or survival)
- Create Multiverse Portals to let users go between other portals, worlds, or locations
- Restrict users from going to specific worlds by using permissions
- SuperPerms API Permissions support
- Economy Support!
- Show which users are in what worlds with /mv who
- Colour your worlds when the appear in chat!
- Custom world Aliases. (leave your folder names alone! use an Alias!)
- Restrict Animal/Monster Spawning. Per animal/monster! (Why hello creeper world!)
- World scaling with Multiverse-NetherPortals
- Conserve memory by having some worlds NOT keep their spawn chunks loaded!
- Fantastic in-game help just use /mvh SEARCH
- Support for worlds with spaces!
- Purge all those unwanted animals/monsters from your world!
- Perform all per-world modifications with in-game commands! Stop getting those YAML errors!
- Teleport yourself and others to any Multiverse Destination
Number 1: EssentialsX
Our number one goes to EssentialsX. It is the most robust plugin I have used for free. It includes over 130 commands and a ton of features of any server owner.
It supports CraftBukkit, Spigot and Paper Server. Although there are many other variations of this plugin. I highly recommend the original one as it is the best.
The features are almost countless so I will try to list the main features that improve the server and stop you from needing other plugins.
They also have a very well written Wiki page with all their permissions nodes, commands and features.
- Pre Configured Currency
- Pay/Balance/Sell Commands
- TP, TPA, TPR Commands
- Set home, TP Home or set Multiple Homes
- Sign Shops
- Player Mail System
- Ability to See Other Players Inventories or E Chests
- And so much more!
Top 5 Minecraft Plugins Conclusion
This of course is our point of view and can differ to others. How ever we hope by using this list here you have a different range of the best plugins available currently for your server.
From Currency to Minigames and Anti Lag Measures we have covered many areas and hope that it helps with your own amazing server!